Musings of a Former Anime Club Officer #2: Quick Random thoughts while waiting for class to start zzZZzz.. March 6, 2009Posted by Kite in anime, anime clubs.
- Be aggressive and advertise everywhere you can. My last anime club languished in obscurity for nearly three years with less then 8 active members before finally getting some new blood in leadership positions. After putting up posters all over the student union and covering the Engineering and Computer Science buildings with fliers, membership shot up to 40+ in weeks.
- Have officers who are knowledgeable about anime and have a wide variety of tastes. And don’t go too old school, I wish it were otherwise but in my experience any pre 90’s anime tends to turn off newer fans.
- At least one of the officers needs a good laptop with tv-out, a working dvd drive and a harddrive full of fansubs who is reliable and shows up to meetings.
- Bring Japanese snacks and drinks, go to your local asian mart and stock up on fan favorites like Pocky and Ramune and sell them at meetings for a little profit. You can also branch out and try other asian snacks like White Rabbit or Hi-Chew.
- A club message board to post meeting schedules, announcements is invaluable.